Primary Visual Arts Subject Leader Training – Acquiring Knowledge Through Practice
Time & Location
About the Event
This course is aimed at Primary Visual Arts subject leaders/subject co-ordinators. The day will explore effective practice in primary art, showing how introducing pupils to the works of great artists and designers can inspire them in their own creative work. It will provide subject leaders with the tools they need to have a positive impact within their own school. The course will focus on:
• How to explore different concepts in art by looking at famous works
• Using famous works to provide ideas for practical tasks
• Progression of knowledge and skills during the primary years
• The importance of demonstration
• Choosing the right resources
• Introducing children to a range of materials
The course will look at a unit of work for Key stages 1 and 2 and include practical tasks included in those units.
Please arrive for a 9.30am start. Lunch will be provided and the day will finish at 2.30pm.
If you have any dietary requirements, or require assistance with access, please do let us know in advance.
- General Ticket£175£1750£0