Leading a Knowledge Rich Curriculum
Time & Location
About the Event
This online CPD course is designed for senior and middle leaders, with responsibility for curriculum. With a focus on the principles of a knowledge-rich curriculum, this course will look at the important role of the curriculum leader and how they can construct a curriculum that places knowledge at its heart.
This course will cover:
- The role of curriculum leadership in the New Inspection Framework
- How to create an ambitious curriculum- choosing and specifying knowledge to build curriculum clarity
- What is meant by ‘cultural capital’ and how we can ensure all children have access to ‘powerful knowledge’
- How to ensure your curriculum is the ‘Progression Model’
- Ideas and examples about how to enact the curriculum in the classroom
- Meaningful assessment in the foundation subjects
- Effectively monitoring and assessing impact
Delegates will receive pre-recorded training videos that they can access in their own time a week before the course starts. On the course date, delegates will join a 2hr Zoom session where we will cover the rest of the course content and provide opportunities for reflections and discussions between subject leaders and teachers from other schools. It is essential that delegates have completed the pre-recorded training before the course date. Delegates will have access to the sessions for a week after the course date to review what they have learned.
- Leading a KRC£150£1500£0