Dive into Science
Time & Location
About the Event
This online CPD course is designed for teachers, subject leaders and curriculum leaders to look closely at primary science and find out how we can implement a well-sequenced, coherent science curriculum. This course will guide discussions about how science can provide the foundations for understanding the world. It will the essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science in the past and today. Participants will reflect upon curriculum planning in science and how our content-based choices can help children to become excited and curious about the natural world around them. We will look at how working scientifically must be embedded purposefully in the curriculum and how children must be equipped with scientific knowledge in order to understand their observations. Importantly, we will discuss how Science has changed the world and the role it will play in the world’s future prosperity.
We will consider questions such as;
· What do we teach in science and why?
· How can we sequence the science curriculum to ensure children are making progress from lesson to lesson, unit to unit and year to year?
· What can we do to ensure that the knowledge we teach ‘sticks’?
· How can we embed working scientifically in a meaningful way?
· What can we do to help develop children’s reasoning and explanations in science?
· How can we develop vocabulary in science and support writing at length?
· How can we effectively assess in science and review the impact of our science curriculum?
This course is for curriculum leaders, science subject leaders and teacher and will reflect upon the role that science plays in the new Ofsted inspection framework.
This course is designed to be completed in one day.
Delegates will receive pre-recorded training videos that they can access in their own time a week before the course starts. On the course date, delegates will join a 2hr Zoom session where we will cover the rest of the course content and provide opportunities for reflections and discussions between subject leaders and teachers from other schools. It is essential that delegates have completed the pre-recorded training before the course date. Delegates will have access to the sessions for a week after the course date to review what they have learned.
- Online Dive into Science£150£1500£0