Dive into Art
Time & Location
About the Event
This online course will explore effective practice in primary art, showing how introducing pupils to the works of great artists and designers can inspire them in their own creative work. It will provide subject leaders with the tools they need to have a positive impact within their own school.
The course will look at:
· Why we teach art and why it is important
· How to explore different concepts in art by looking at famous works
· Using famous works to provide ideas for practical tasks
· Progression of knowledge and skills during the primary years
· Diversity in the curriculum
· Effective lesson structure and the importance of vocabulary and talk
· The importance of demonstration
· Exploring techniques and materials
· Choosing the right resources
· Use of sketchbooks
· Tools for assessment
The course will look at a unit of work for Key stages 1 and 2 and include practical tasks included in those units.
This course is for curriculum leaders, subject leaders and teachers and is designed to be completed in one day.
Delegates will receive pre-recorded training videos that they can access in their own time a week before the course starts. On the course date, delegates will join a 2hr Zoom session where we will cover the rest of the course content and provide opportunities for reflections and discussions between subject leaders and teachers from other schools. It is essential that delegates have completed the pre-recorded training before the course date. Delegates will have access to the sessions for a week after the course date to review what they have learned.
- Online Ticket£150£1500£0